Sunday, December 12, 2010

DEC 9 2010

Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)
I have to choose the last big party I attended which was Lululemon's Night in Light Gala celebrating 10 years in Toronto. The people were pumped up and extremely happy. This is a community promoting great focus in supporting and inspiring one other to be bigger and do better. The music was loud and pumping, the food was healthy, the drinks were free, the clothes were fancy and glam but the shenanigans took the cake! As we mingled and checked out our surroundings we noticed an empty stage that was soon to accommodate the entertainment that moved us throughout the entire evening. The entertainment line up included a partner yoga practice to music with suitable fireworks as a back round, a belly dancer, a fun and talented artists who created a beautiful abstract Buddha on canvas right before our eyes and then there was Ricardo the Conga Fit phenomenon who got even the laziest of people up and shaking rumps in a risky fashion. I was pulled onto the stage in seconds and soon enough my hips were moving uncontrollably and I think my belt busted somewhere in there. Although these things were the major highlights the most exciting part of the evening was the video booth set up in the back corner where guests were encouraged to put on goofy costume pieces and flail around for 10 seconds in front of the camera. A few short minutes later you would be the proud owner of a fabulous keep sake; a moving photo book featuring you and your buddies looking like total idiots. I think every party should have one of these booths.
This evening made me feel very lucky to be a amongst a wonderful group of inspiring people who have encouraged me along the way and who continue to support me on my journey ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment